Saturday, October 27, 2007

Safety Cages at Ringling Brothers Circus

We went to the circus today in Clevelend. I've never been to a circus, mainly because my mother did not like circuses.

This one was really good, and the best part was the huge safety cage they erected around the tigers. They brought the cage out and set it up, and then they let the tigers loose in it.

I loved how they first set the cage up and then let the dangerous animals in.

Don't you wish life were like that? Wouldn't it be nice if there was a safety cage around all dangerous things?

I'd love it if there were a little cage around the man who was going to cheat on you. You'd see the cage and know he was dangerous, and you'd avoid him.

I'd love it if there were a portable cage around the car that was going to hit you.

What about a cage around the person who was going to torment you and play with your head because you're mentally ill?

Alas, there are no such things as safety cages around the people and things in day to day life. We must face these people and things without the protection of a cage.

Our only salvation is that we get a little better at spotting the unsafe, as we age.

Oh, God. At this point, I can see no disadvantages to all the visitors to my blog. Could keeping this blog be dangerous? Only time will tell.

Danger, it's everywhere.

Stay safe.

No comments: