Saturday, October 27, 2007

Miss Bipolar USA

What if there were a beauty contest for bipolar girls and/or boys?

What would the talent part be like?

Best tantrum? Best medicine swallow w/o water? Longest time spent prone in bed? Most cigarettes smoked in one hour?

Would the contestants have to be beautiful or just have inner beauty?

Would there be a bathing suit portion?

Would they sing "here she is...Miss Bipolar America?

Well, I know if there were a contest like this I would have a great chance of winning.

When they'd ask me a serious quesion to see how articulate I am and how wise, I'd pipe up and deliver a hell of an answer. I'd say, "I operate a blog online, and almost every other day, I deliver fascinating opinions on bipolar illness. I want to post every day, but sometimes life gets in the way, you know how it is, now what was the question?"

I'd at least be third runner up because I'm special, so special, and the judges would see that. I'm not much to look at, but I shine inside...I have been through hell and back, and I could tell you some stories that would curl your toes...

If there were a Miss Bipolar USA contest, would you enter? Would you win? How about a Mr. Bipolar USA?

3 comments:

Murky said...

I'm a gay man with bipolar disorder and I'd love to be crowned Miss Bipolar USA. But I'm from Canada so I guess I'd have to move to Vermont or something like that. :-)

Laura Yeager said...

Dear Murky:

How are your legs?

Laura

Murky said...

Well, really they are kind of dense and hairy but, of course, I plan to shave and starve myself before the event!