Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Audience Factor

This blog gives me what every writer, whether sane or not, wants--an audience. I am so grateful for you all who come to this site and read what I have to say.

I am first and foremost a writer. I was a writer before I was crazy. Or bipolar, for those more gentle types. I went to a creative writing college and an even more prestigious creative writing graduate school. I started out writing fiction, and then, evolved into writing nonfiction. I have been very successful writing nonfiction. You readers, you know the truth about me. When I write to mainstream publishing venues, I don't mention the bipolar illness. Why do they have to know? It's like I have a double life.

I'm not going to give this address out to just anyone.

Oh, I'd love it if this web site would take off.

I want to help people by my experience. Even if I'm TALKING about my experience.

I love being high. How about you? You feel that you can do anything! Except sleep.

For years, I was consistently manic. No depression. but finally, the depression caught up with me. after we got our adopted son. i had a real good run of post-adoptive depression. i started to see my psychologist at this time. she's wonderful. she had a building named after her. she's a really great psychologist, and i love her.

so, spaghetti dinner beckons. lots of garlic bread. salad. and meatballs!

1 comment:

Murky said...

I hope that you get a good response to your site! It takes some time though. I have a site and it took some time but there people started responding and it feels great to be able to exchange info, ideas and stories. I'll post a link on my site's resource list if that's okay. I don't know if it's appropriate to post this here but I assume it can be removed:

www.survivingmythoughts.com