Thursday, November 15, 2007

Cat Fight

I have two disabled friends with whom I'd like to do things. You know, hang out with them. The problems is that the one disabled friend looks down on the other. I wish we could all get together and hang out.

Do you ever notice a hierarchy to your disabled friends? Some people are just higher on the pecking scale. The ones who work seem to sit a little higher than the ones who don't. The ones who are independently wealthy are high on the scale.

Can't we all get along?

Why can't these two women and I enjoy each other? Being disabled does not mean that you're automatically enlightened about the disabled. This isn't coming out right. Being disabled has broadened my spectrum of with whom I want to associate. I don't mind associating with people with "problems." But disabled people are all different. Some are even more close-minded than able-bodied people.

It makes sense that some disabled people really don't like disabled people. Maybe these people remind them of their problems.

I'm going to try to get these two women together. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: