Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Pie in Face, "Can I Come in?" and Common Injury

My three-year-0ld son saw Pat Sayjak throw a whipped cream pie in Vanna's face. Then, Vanna got Pat with a pie.

This strange activity really made him think. He kept saying, "Pie in face, pie in face," in a questioning voice.

I tried to explain to him that it was humorous, that it was a joke. He did not get the cultural significance of throwing a pie in someone's face.

For him, it was a completely alien, if not crazy, action.
____________________________________

Someone's starting a minority mag in Dayton, OH. The magazine intimated that it was for black people. I wrote the person and asked her if she included disabled people in her minority group. She wrote back and said yes.

I've been admitted to her minority.

I'm very happy.

_________________________________

My mentor says that black people have something in common. They suffer from the same injuries--slavery and segregation.

No comments: